Pictured here around 1950 are Wakeﬁeld Whitton, William Denny , and Bernard Kingston. Mr Whitton owned Brook Farm before it was demolished and replaced by the modern houses in Watery Lane and Brookside. Wakeﬁeld Way was named after him.
William Denny was of the family of builders. He built the council houses in Furnace Lane. Bernard Kingston as one of the bell ringers. All three were school governors, and they are seen here on the village green judging at one of the school events .
Photo lent by Dorothy (nee Denny) and Bill Kingston
Extract from The Story of Heyford – Volume 3 of 4 – Page 30