Tag Archives: King William

The Story of Heyford: The King William Pub

The building which is now number 24 Furnace Lane to the left of the old bake house used to be a pub called the King William. It was listed in the 1891 Census return as the ‘King William IV’ and … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: Heyford’s Bakeries

There has presumably been baking in Heyford ever since there has been a settlement here. Both Heyford and Heyford Mill are mentioned in the Domesday Book, and the proximity of the mill meant that there was always a local source of … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment