Tag Archives: Campbell

The Story of Heyford: Heyford Hills Fruit Farm

Heyford Hills Fruit Farm The magnificent house at Heyford Hills was built originally for the owner of Heyford Ironworks. In the late 1800’s it was owned by John Hardy, a farmer. During the 1940’s it was occupied by Major Campbell. … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: Heyford’s First Motor Vehicles

In the 1920’s cars were very few and far between. Groups of people used to walk up from the village to the A5 , then known as The Turnpike, to watch for cars. Doris Lovell nee Denn remembers sitting on the … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment