Tag Archives: Ferneyhough

The Story of Heyford: Heyford Feast – The visiting fair

Heyford Feast The fair has been coming for Heyford Feast in October for as long as anyone can remember. Heyford Feast is the anniversary of the dedication of our Parish Church and takes place on the first Sunday after the … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford, Village Green | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: Heyford Hills Fruit Farm

Heyford Hills Fruit Farm The magnificent house at Heyford Hills was built originally for the owner of Heyford Ironworks. In the late 1800’s it was owned by John Hardy, a farmer. During the 1940’s it was occupied by Major Campbell. … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: Lost Street Names

Census Returns There has been a census return once every ten years from 1841 onwards. The only exception was in 1941 because of war time. The details of these census’ are made available to the public when they are 100 … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: The Jubilee Hall

The Jubilee Hall used to stand just behind the memorial green, on the opposite side of the road to where the Butchers and Patisserie are today. It was a stone barn with a thatched roof and was used as a … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: Heyford’s Bakeries

There has presumably been baking in Heyford ever since there has been a settlement here. Both Heyford and Heyford Mill are mentioned in the Domesday Book, and the proximity of the mill meant that there was always a local source of … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: The Methodist Chapel

The chapel buildings Methodism was very much a part of village life in Heyford for almost 130 years. It flourished from the 1830s until the 1960s. The first chapel was built in 1838. This was the small red brick building … Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Story of Heyford: The Books

The Story of Heyford was a series of local books published telling the story of Nether Heyford, Northamptonshire. Continue reading

Posted in The Story of Heyford | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment