Good news is in short supply at the moment, but Heyford Bowls Club has some. The Club has been successful in obtaining £3,700 from the Sport England Community Emergency Fund to help with ongoing running costs, incurred while there is no income from members because of the Covid19 pandemic.
This takes financial pressure off for a few weeks while we decide how and when we are going to re-open the club. We are moving cautiously as many of our members are in the vulnerable category. At the time of writing these notes, Bowls England have just released some guidelines which include: –
- Playing on rinks 1/3/5 or 2/4/6 only, to allow for social distancing.
- Singles or Pairs matches only, but only from the same family.
- Booking system for games.
- Clubhouse and changing rooms to remain closed.
- No spectators.
- One person to handle jack and mat, with sanitisation of this equipment after play.
- Copious supply of hand gel.
- No use of bowls pushers, scoreboards, and other communal equipment.
- No handshakes, high fives, and definitely no hugging!!!!!
The list goes on.
We intend to have a remote committee meeting in early June to consider our position. Until then, no bowls at Heyford I’m afraid.
It is galling to report that the green is in immaculate condition. The best it has ever looked.
Geoff Allen 01327 349909
For more bowls club information please visit our website: